WFH, Writing From Home Everyday In 2020, On The Boring Topic Of Agriculture Yet!

I’m an unusual WFH, writer from home. Above image: screen grab from BraveNewWorld@PH, my blog. Pasted head of me taken 15 July 2014, 6 years ago, by Yja Hilario with Lolo’s Lumix  FZ100 camera (painterized by Lolo).

I have just finished going over the titles of my essays all of 2020 in this blog of mine, BraveNewWorld@PH, https://bravenewworldph.blogspot.com, and I see that I published about 400 essays last year alone. I turned 80 on 17 September 2020 – how many communicators are as blog productive as I am in a dull subject like Agriculture? And to write each essay, each 517 words, I never go out and interview people?! (I call each one “essay” because, like this, it is written in the personal, me-to-you style.)

It’s called creativity.

And here are essays selected from my daily blogposts last year, 2020, from January to December:

21 January 2020: “How Are PH Media Treating The DA And Secretary William Dar? Poorly!”

16 February 2020: “PH Public Science And Public Service – More Bananas, Please!”

29 May 2020: “Given The Lockdown, How Media Can Be Revolutionary Many Times Over!

31 July 2020: “RCEF For PH Agriculture: Farmers Not Yet Business-Aware. Scientists Not So Active. Extensionists Not So Alive!”

10 August 2020: “Postharvest – To Make 5Ps For The New PH DA Under Secretary Of Agriculture William Dar!”

02 September 2020: “Baguio Cabbage – The Market Must Come First Before Supply”

30 September 2020: “Where Did Those P40 Million Worth Of Catsup Go! Ketchup To Catch Up With Tomato Farmers In The Ilocos – William Dar”

24 October 2020: “Hybrid Rice Gives Farmers Higher Gross Income Of P116,000/Ha – Where Is The Problem There?”

22 November 2020: “'Mr Asian Science Leader' He Is To Me”

30 December 2020: “Jose Rizal As The Happy Martyr! And As Agriculturist, Businessman & Educator”

All that is me encouraging any and all those who wish to write in the broad topic of Agriculture.

I’m committed to practice what I call communication for development, ComDev, every time. ComDev is dissimilar to UPLB’s or Nora Quebral’s development communication, DevCom, I declare. ComDev is a deliberate attempt to enlighten someone on a chosen subject – and in sequence when necessary – consciously towards progress of the reader and/or community, in this case in Agriculture.

BraveNewWorld@PH is the best example of ComDev!

ComDev is a conscious, sustained effort to bring about positive change in the art or act of a farmer, technician, extensionist, leader, whoever in the village.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

Why am I writing on Agriculture full-time? Nobody is doing it, why not me? I believe Agriculture is the key to this archipelago’s development.

For the rest of my years – I pray to God I will reach 120, ha ha, or at least 97 – I am devoting to writing about the positive, advantageous, beneficial, new and/or improved, sustainable theories and practices in agriculture. That is to say, if I think it can help farming, I will write about it.

As long as I am able, everyday.@517

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What’s Your 1K Worth Today? My 1K Is Worth Love In Communication For Village Development In The 21st Century (CoViD21)!

Knorr Of Big Business Unilever Thinks Big Business Regenerative Agriculture – My Tiny Country PH Also Should!

How Do We Celebrate “World Environment Day?” 2 Related Answers: “We Believe Farming Is The Biggest Job On Earth” – BASF. “Everyday Is Environment Day For Me!” – Frank A Hilario