The Filipino Is Worth Blogging For!

Ninoy: “The Filipino is worth dying for.” Cory: “The Filipino is worth livingfor.” Noynoy: “The Filipino is worth fightingfor.” (See my essay, “3 Aquinos, Family Three Heroes, Pinoy Three Musketeers – Leaders Showing The Ways[1],” 28 June 2021, Brave New World, Blogspot.com). I say now, “The Filipino is worth writing for!”

No excuses myself. A full-blooded Ilocano, in American English I have been a self-learning communicator for the Filipino in the last 46 years: since 1975 writing, editing, photographing and publishing in print; and since 2005, blogging. Why the lag of 30 years? Starting 1986, I have been on digitalself-study 100%.

Above image is Google’s digital record of my blogging, screen capture 18 August 2014. Since 2005, I have blogged at least 6,000 essays totaling at least 6 million words:

Frank A Hilario is the world’s most creative blogger!

60+ years ago, my ways of how to write and on what subjects came from my free and avid reading of books and magazines in the library of our dear high school in Asingan, Pangasinan: Rizal Junior College (RJC, HS Dept). Books – American and British classics; magazines – Look, Life, Newsweek, TIME. Avidly reading the RJC subscription to the Reader's Digest, I picked up so many ideas and much inspiration from that magazine’s pages, including humor and alliteration, that I was much encouraged to be a writer myself! That was a surprise because there were no writers in our families, neither Hilario nor Agapito then; and my father Dionisio reached only Grade 3, my mother Sixta only Spanish Cartilla. It means that if you give freedom to someone to discover one’s inclination and talent, s/he will.

Thank God, I am self-taught as writer, editor and photographer; and self-tutored as digital writer, editor and desktop publisher – Where there is Always a Will, there is Always a Way!

Many years ago, I actually did say, “The Filipino is worth writing for” – in thought, not in words. At the end of 1980, as Editor In Chief of Sylvatrop, the technical magazine for production forestry of the Forest Research Institute (FORI), I brainchilded and published a paper on what I called communication for development (ComDev), which was my conceptual gift to the world, a model for journalism counter to UP Los Baños professor Nora Quebral’s theory of development communication (DevCom) – which I found not deliberately dedicatedto development as it should be!

What do I blog on? A wide variety of subject matters: agriculture; fisheries; pronouncements; policies; extension; creativity; technologies; crops; livestock; communication; digital agriculture; webinars; how to write; blogging; trainings; Department of Agriculture (DA), DA agencies & attached offices, programs & projects, collaborations with PH agencies, partnerships with business & farmer groups, etcetera. 

How serious am I as a blogger? Since early 2020, I have been blogging every single day an essay invariably of a total 517 words, not hodgepodge but with a Beginning, Middle and End.

All my writing is for sustainably better rural lives. Since 2005, armed with my ComDev, I have maintained that the Filipino is worth blogging for!@517



[1]https://bravenewworldph.blogspot.com/2021/06/3-aquinos-family-three-heroes-pinoy.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What’s Your 1K Worth Today? My 1K Is Worth Love In Communication For Village Development In The 21st Century (CoViD21)!

Knorr Of Big Business Unilever Thinks Big Business Regenerative Agriculture – My Tiny Country PH Also Should!

How Do We Celebrate “World Environment Day?” 2 Related Answers: “We Believe Farming Is The Biggest Job On Earth” – BASF. “Everyday Is Environment Day For Me!” – Frank A Hilario