Primate Change – How To Remake The World We Have Remade. We Start With Agriculture

As I write, 17 Jan 2022, I strongly believe that only Primate Change can change Climate Change in favor of mankind. And because of the millions of hectares involved, I see the main area of struggle as Agriculture cum Forestry, with what I now term “Regenerative AgriForestry.”

Last year, I came to believe that the climate champion was found in Agriculture Only (see my essay, “Regenerative Agriculture – What’s In It For The Philippines?” 05 Oct 2021, RegINA, Queen Mother Earth). I said there:

Regenerative agriculture is farming that enhances and/or restores ecosystems (like soils) even as it helps workers of the fields grow healthy crops & livestock.

Early this year, the more I thought of it, I saw that regenerative agriculture itself could be improved by agroforestry: Regenerative Agroforestry. Only to find out that different people had come up with the concept & term many years ago. And yet I thank them! Because, thereafter, Monday, 17 January 2022, I came up with a much saner science that is a new one, my innovation: Regenerative AgriForestry(explained in my earlier essay, “Transforming Ifugao Rice Terraces Into Food & Wood Wonders – I Wonder How?” 17 Jan 2022, Primate Change, Blogspot.com). In short, AgriForestry is growing food along with wood. One for nourishment, the other for protection against the elements.

Primate Change: In 20 Sept 2018, Vybarr Cregan-Reid came up with his book Primate Change (How The World We Made Is Remaking Us), 320 pages (Apple Books) – but he did not even hint on us primates changing the climate. I was probably the first and so far the only one to say, “We need Primate Change to combat Climate Change” (see “Primate Change? Or Climate Change?” 31 March 2007, The American Frank, Wordpress.com).

We primates are guilty of climate change.
We have been changing the world into our images & likenesses!
Ergo, we have to change our ways.

Now, how do we remake the world into the image & likeness of Queen Mother Earth?

As I was saying, I was thinking of “Regenerative Agroforestry” (16 Jan 2022, “Fighting Climate Change: Reinventing Agroforestry Into ‘Regenerative Agroforestry’ – Frank A Hilario, Philippines, 15Jan22,”  RegINA, Queen Mother Earth, Blogspot.com). But later, I found that some people had earlier came up with the concept of “Regenerative Agroforestry” and so I had to change mind; today, I came up with “Regenerative AgriForestry” as I pointed out earlier.

I have the certainty of Numbers. There are at least 5 Million farmers in the Philippines cultivating 7 Million hectares. That area is equal to 70 Billion square meters. If only half of that were subjected to Regenerative AgriForestry, every inch practicing my “Mulching Matilda,” that is, by rotavator initially creating organic mulches all over (later planted to food crops & wood crops growing in mixtures), the organic layer covering those fields will certainly cool the whole Philippines considerably!

I have the certainty of Combined Sciences. The New Agriculture will grow food, and the New Forestry will grow wood – and together will rectify climate changes!@517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What’s Your 1K Worth Today? My 1K Is Worth Love In Communication For Village Development In The 21st Century (CoViD21)!

Knorr Of Big Business Unilever Thinks Big Business Regenerative Agriculture – My Tiny Country PH Also Should!

How Do We Celebrate “World Environment Day?” 2 Related Answers: “We Believe Farming Is The Biggest Job On Earth” – BASF. “Everyday Is Environment Day For Me!” – Frank A Hilario