Brains & Beauty For The Philippines – Agriculture With Mind & Heart

My President, Ferdinand “BBM” Marcos Jr. has always been too busy with other issues and interests that I have to change horses in the middle of the stream!

On 22 Jan 2022, I blogged “If Bongbong Marcos (BBM) Will Support Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA), He Will Have My Smart Vote!” Brains & Beauty Agriculture, blogspot.com). In all, I wrote eight (8) essays in my blog trying to attract the attention of BBM to 2 problems of Agriculture that can be solved with regenerative farming: (1) Farmer Poverty and (2) Climate Change.

Sorry, BBM never took notice. So, on 09 May 2022, I voted for Leni Robredo! (See my essay, “Ma'am Leni, Angat Buhay, Remembering Adam & Eve: Here Is How The Females Can Show The Males How To Take Very Good Care Of Their Garden Of Eden!” 17 Aug 2022, Brains & Beauty Agriculture, blogspot.com).

No, I did not know that Ma'am Leni had been interested in Agriculture all along – I thought she was interested only in helping those people in the fringes of society (“mga taong nasa laylayan ng lipunan”) as she described them. Yesterday, 16 Sept 2022, googling for “brains & beauty images” – I found this article by Mara Cepeda: “Robredo To Give At Least P116 Billion For Agriculture If She Wins In 2022” (29 Nov 2021, Rappler, rappler.com).

More than double President Rodrigo Duterte’sbudget for the Department of Agriculture (DA) – Ma'am Leni must know what she was going to do for Agriculture. Brains & Beauty!

Mara says Ma'am Leni “also advocates funding more climate-resilient crops that farmers can harvest in their provinces.”

Funding for more “Climate-resilient crops” – Ma'am Leni has good Agri advice!

About BBM’s State of the Nation Address delivered on 25 July 2022, Rachel Cox says (26 July 2022, “Missing: Environmental And Human Rights Policies Notably Absent From Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s First State Of Nation Address,” global witness, globalwitness.org):

Marcos failed to recognize the destructive impacts of climate change on people and planet, particularly its potential to disrupt the domestic agricultural sector (which employs around one-third of Filipinos) and create food insecurity. Already, future impacts are forecast to be disastrous for people and planet – with predicted increases in extreme weather patterns and climate-related disasters affecting not only the environment but devastating the economy.

“Marcos failed to recognize the destructive impacts of climate change on people and planet” – and so my personal hope lies with the initiatives of Ma'am Leni and her Angat Buhay Foundation. “Angat Buhay Lahat!” Uplifting Lives All!

I as an alumnus of UP Los Baños and a blogger, beginning my digital campaign for pro-farmer Agriculture some 22 years ago, and fighting for Primate Change against Climate Change since 2007, today, my birthday, 17 Sept 2022 – I'm 82, thank God! – to the end of my century, I will fight for Regenerative Agriculture for my country – and I see Ma'am Leni and her Angat Buhay Foundation as allies. Yes, I have found my Brains & Beauties!@517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What’s Your 1K Worth Today? My 1K Is Worth Love In Communication For Village Development In The 21st Century (CoViD21)!

Knorr Of Big Business Unilever Thinks Big Business Regenerative Agriculture – My Tiny Country PH Also Should!

How Do We Celebrate “World Environment Day?” 2 Related Answers: “We Believe Farming Is The Biggest Job On Earth” – BASF. “Everyday Is Environment Day For Me!” – Frank A Hilario